Astral projection (or astral travel) is an esoteric interpretation of any form of out-of-body experience (OOBE) that assumes the existence of an "astral body" separate from the physical body and capable of travelling outside it. Astral projection or travel denotes the astral body leaving the physical body to travel in the astral plane.
The idea of astral travel is rooted in common worldwide religious accounts of the afterlife in which the consciousness' or soul's journey or "ascent" is described in such terms as "an...out-of body experience, wherein the spiritual traveller leaves the physical body and travels in his/her subtle body (or dreambody or astral body) into ‘higher’ realms." It is therefore associated with near death experiences and is also frequently reported as spontaneously experienced in association with sleep and dreams, illness, surgical operations, drug experiences, sleep paralysis and forms of meditation.
It is also sometimes cultivated for its own sake or may be believed to be a faculty derived from or necessary to some forms of spiritual practice. It may involve "travel to higher realms" called astral planes but is commonly used of any sensation of being "out of the body" in the everyday world, even seeing ones body from outside or above. It may be reported in the form of an apparitional experience, a supposed encounter with a doppelganger, some living person also seen somewhere else at the same time.
The belief that one has had an out-of-body experience is common: hundreds of personal accounts were published in a number of books through the 1960s and 70s and surveys have reported percentages ranging from 8% to as many as 50% (in certain groups) of respondents who state they have had such an experience. The subjective nature of the experience permits explanations that do not rely on the existence of an "astral" body and plane. There is little beyond anecdotal evidence to support the idea that people can actually "leave the body".
For example...A mother has a strong sense of a connection with a child and visa versa. If a child were to get into trouble, he/she could unconsciously let his/her spirit leave the body and appear to the mother, who would in that instant know something was wrong. This has been recorded as a common occurrence.
Another common experience is seeing a spirit before death. A dying loved one coming to see you one last time...kind of as a way to say good bye, or it is time...
Ever see a "ghost" of a loved one dying, only to rush to the hospital and have them still be alive?
What are your thoughts on astral projection? Have you experienced it? I have!
For More Paranormal stuff go to www.crypticparanormal.com
Monday, November 2, 2009
Evidence supporting the existence of vampires has always existed in our society, since the spawning of these creatures. They have simply been well-hidden from the public as have many things… (aliens/UFOs and werewolves)
One obvious piece of evidence would be the fact that there are descriptions of vampires from an array of existing and pre-existing cultures across the world. Drawings and written descriptions of human-like creatures that would draw blood from their victims, with uncanny strength, speed, elongated fangs, varying skin pigmentation, aversion to sunlight and allergic to garlic. The underlying, rudimentary characteristics as described above all correlate and remain consistent amongst different cultures. There are descriptions of vampires extending across the globe from places such as Africa to India to China.
The existence of vampires in an array of cultures is an obvious indication that there is something similar if not identical to the creatures described in our world.
What do you think? Have you ever come across a Vampire? Or do you think YOU may be a vampire? Take this test and see what you think...
1. Do you have pale skin, and when you eat a rare steak, does your skin get more color?
2.Have you been told you are lucky to survive something you should not have survived?
3. Are you a naturally strong magic/energy user self taught, self realized?
4. As a kid, were you the strongest, smartest, or quickest kid in the class, and around 16 years of age maybe all 3?
5. Do people often tell you that you look very young for your age, or that they would have never guessed how old you are?
6. Are you extremely energetic at night time but seemingly around the time the sun comes up you get really tired?
7. Are you a slightly quicker healer than most, if not a much quicker healer?
8. Do you have an unusually high tolerance to alcohol and other poisons/toxins?
9. Do you tend to switch between very social and antisocial frequently?
10. Do you rarely get sick, or when you get sick does your body recover quicker than most people?
11. Are your six senses more enhanced than most other peoples, i.e. vision, hearing, touch, smell, taste, and intuition?
12. Do you have extremely good vision in the dark? How many times has some one said it’s too dark they can’t see while you were doing something like reading?
13. Do you tend to not be surprised or scared by the typical sudden loud noise in a movie or things like that because you sensed it coming?
14. Do you tend to react to things like catching a falling object or other normally unexpected things at an almost psychic speed? (As if you were expecting it to happen)?
15. Are you sensitive to light or the heat from it (ranging from getting a bad headache from the glare to burning very easily)?
16. If while your skin is white from lack of enough blood in you, do you bleed quite noticeably less than a person normally should, or more likely not bleed at all?
17. A legitimate Vampire is able to safely digest more than 600% of the daily recommended amount of iron (RDA is 18mg 600% of that is 108mg). This can be tested by use of iron pills bought at almost any nutrition store or grocery store.
18. Do you always feel a strong urge to travel?
19, How often does something smell so strong that you can literally taste it?
20. Can you hear a whisper from across a room?
21. Is there a dark colored ring around the iris (color part) of your eyes? All real vampires have this, however not everyone that has it is a real vampire.
22. Is there a noticeably different color surrounding the pupil? (Inner part of the color of your eyes.)
23. Do electrical appliances generally tend to hate you?
(Watches mess up often, computers malfunction for no reason, etc).
24. Are your dreams often extremely vivid and sometimes result in cases of dejavu?
25. When you will things to happen, do they usually happen?
What do you think? Could you be a real vampire?
For More Paranormal stuff go to www.crypticparanormal.com